Friday, June 6, 2008

Next Semester

Alrighty, first off I need to get my priorities straight by setting some goals:

In Semester 2 (starting on the 14th of July) I want to achieve high grades; 95+ test/exam, A+ results.
The reason being so I will be better equipped for VCE Year 12.

I can only achieve this by
- Knowing my work thoroughly by studying daily and not procrastinating

I will have outside school commitments so there will be no time to waste. Reflecting on Semester 1, you could say I was overloaded only because I didn't manage my time properly. My commitments include:

  • Blogging (studyftw.blogspot.com)
  • Work (Big W ) - 9 hours; Fri, Sat & Sun
  • Tuition (Tye and English) - 1.5 hours; Sat
  • Church (Sunday school) - 2 hours; Sun
  • Breakdance (Hopefully teaching kiddies) - 2 hours: Wed
Assuming I sleep at 11:00 pm and wake up by 7:30 pm and am at school from 8am to 3:30pm I will have to commit 2.5 hours of study on the weekdays and approx. 6 hours over the weekend.

So Monday-Thursday with Friday off to work and Saturday mornign


My key strategies I will use to fulfill my goal are:

A Stitch In Time Saves 9
  • I will complete assessment tasks and assignments as soon as I get them
  • I will write up study notes and summaries progressively throughout the year
  • I will learn my theory progressively throughout the year rather than cramming before exams
  • I will start collecting trail examination papers
  • I will highlight sections of work that I find difficult or I did not understand
  • I will circle difficult, challenging/trick questions

Smart Use of General Time
  • I will use school time wisely as the more I learn and complete work at school the less work I will have to do at home
  • I will never tune out of class
  • I will use class time just listening and absoring the information being imparted from my teachers
  • I will keep ahead of the classroom with respect to the material being covered at school
  • I will write up my study notes and summaries within 24 hours of addressing the materials at school

Capitalise on Low Peak Periods
  • I will dedicate the majority of each school holiday to study which will give me a huge advantage over my peers
  • I will review vital concepts from the previous year/semester

Motivation, Dedication and Organization
  • I won't procrastinate
  • I will engage in a regular study timetable by studying everyday
  • I will regularly assess the effectiveness of my timetable and implement strategies that will help me become more time efficient
  • I will plan each week ahead of time
  • I will record all major deadlines as assessments/ assignments is they are issued so
  • I will keep detailed lists of everythying that I must address
  • I will prepare lists daily so I can take commitments into account into my study timetable
  • I will be organised and clean my study area each night
  • I will have well defined sets of goals


Effective learning techniques
  • I will committ knowledge to memory using the Four Rs; Recall, recite, review

Regular Revision and Repetition
  • I will revise and repeat to achieve VCE success

Exposure
  • I will get my hands onto as many examination papers as possible


 
------- -------
Custom Search
-----